Thursday, January 24, 2008

Staying Warm




I've decided either I'm getting old or I live a very boring life...it seems all I can talk about is the weather! Please forgive me... It absolutely blows my mind though how it can be -9 degrees right now at 10:15 in the morning when the sun is shining brightly. This morning when we woke up it was -16 degrees. So far, for the Kelly family stay here in SD this is a record low for daytime temps. It definitely gets colder than that here at nighttime, but you certainly don't expect it in the daylight hours. I'm sure I sound like a repetitive weenie when it comes to the weather here, but for some reason I just can't get over it! Marcus is always the first to get up in the mornings now as the twins actually are sleeping in longer than they used to. He gets up, plays in his room until it's 7 a.m., then comes out and goes to the bathroom and gets dressed for the day by himself. This morning when I came downstairs he was playing with his cars as usual on the living room floor...but this time he was sitting on the heater vent! Ha! I laughed and said, "Are you a little cold buddy?" He said yes, and showed me the ice on the inside of our windows in the family room. Oh, how I feel for the people who live north of here! I can't imagine.
This week has been kind of different as Levi's schedule is different than it usually is. The school is doing interviews for next years class, so they've rearranged class times for the week. Today he's taking a big pharmacology test, so we are praying it goes well. The only good thing about that being today is that he has tomorrow off! Not sure if we'll do anything too exciting but a 3 day weekend is always welcomed! It's supposed to warm up here this weekend to 20's possibly even 30, so I thought about taking the boys tubing at the little ski resort /tubing place they have here, however they are having a big media thing there this weekend so it's probably not the best time to go. I'm looking forward to trying that sometime though because I think all the boys (and this girl) would love it!
It's been a crazy but fun morning here. Cole is a little dancing maniac, it's so funny to watch! While I type the twins are in the kitchen rearranging my canned goods. Marcus is listening to music in his room.
One last thing before I go! Please keep my father in law Jim in your prayers. He is going through a hard time right now as he has lost 100% of his hearing in his left ear. The right ear is borderline/normal. They are waiting to hear if steroid shots directly into the ear will help at all. This all started as a virus when they were here the first week in January. It has caused dizziness and nausea, which has gotten a little better, but has continued. Please join us in keeping Jim and Terri in your prayers during this time.

No comments: