Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Playing with Hats...and Brrrr it's cold!

















I was able to get some cute shots of the boys this morning when they were playing with some hats from the closet they had gotten into. It's only 10:30 and it's been a very "active" day around here to say the least! As I was getting the boys dressed this morning I decided to weigh them. Carson just looked so little and frail to me so I wanted to make sure he wasn't losing weight. He had lost a little bit, and weighed 21 lbs. He has not been sick or anything, and in fact most of the time eats pretty well. Cole weighed 26 lbs, and has really had a growth spurt here lately, most all of his pants are too short for him. It seems like Carson is usually about 2 months behind Cole developmentally in some ways, so hopefully Carson will hit a growth spurt too and start to gain some weight. They have an 18 month appt in about 3 weeks so we'll see what the doctor thinks then. He commented on Carson's small size at the last appt, so who knows...
On another note...it's stinkin' COLD here! This week we're in some low single digits in the day and negative single digits at night. It's starting to remind me of last year about this time when Levi and I came up here for his interview. It was a -14 degree's that day!
We are so thankful for a warm home, a garage for both vehicles, and all that God provides. I can't imagine being homeless, especially in a place like this...however, unfortunately we still see it, even here in these crazy temps. I saw on the news one night that there are more than enough shelters here that are available to those in need. One thing I've noticed about Sioux Falls is that it is a very giving and caring town. Even though it's cold here, it's a neat community to be a part of.

1 comment:

The Borlase Bunch said...

Oh my goodness those 3 are cute- I would be squeezing those little cheeks all of the time!