Saturday, January 12, 2008

Playtime and Make Believe...

Marcus James Kelly
Making a surprise cake
Sweet Carson
Happy Cole
Daddy and Marcus playing the cd player
Marcus excited to show me his elevator
View from inside the elevator

Tonight, as with most nights, Marcus asked Levi to come up to sit in his room while he plays for a while. I decided I'd take the camera in there and see just exactly what goes on. Marcus has quite an imagination, so he comes up with all sorts of scenarios and things to play or pretend. At first he was delighted that I was there and wanted to show me his elevator (which I already knew about, but I might as well get the tour again). He found these stickers I had and started sticking them on things around the house, sometimes his brothers foreheads, or sometimes just various things he finds to stick them on. Back to the elevator...He has made his closet into an elevator (which you can see pictured above) that has an up and a down button on the outside. When you step in the elevator there are 4 buttons on the inside. Everytime you open his closet door now to get some clothes out for him, he yells, "Did you push the button?" He also wants you to make a beep noise and open the door "swolly" (or slowly). :)
I took another picture of him playing with his cd player and then another while he was "cooking" for Daddy. Daddy was laying on his bed, and Marcus came over to him and asked if he wanted a surprise cake! I snapped a picture, and was promptly asked by Marcus if I could leave the room, shut the door, and go downstairs...I see where I fit into the mix!! Ha ha! It was fun to see his imagination at work, and especially fun to see him enjoying time with his Daddy so much!

No comments: