Saturday, January 5, 2008

Last Saturday of complete leisure for a while

This week we've enjoyed having time at home in SD before Levi heads back to class on Monday.  It's been such a nice break, a true two weeks of rest for Levi where he didn't need to think about studying or clinicals.  Grandma and Grandpa Kelly came here on Monday to spend time with us and catch the bowl games.  It was a great week and we loved having them here! Unfortunately Jim got sick in the middle of the week, so he probably didn't have quite as much fun as the rest of us, but he seemed to be feeling a little better this morning.  I guess we were a little "pictured out"...we didn't take any pictures all week, so I have nothing to post.  (I guess my last post of pictures probably makes up for the lack of them in this post)  One night we all went out for mexican food at our favorite restaurant here, and another night Levi and I went out on a date.  It is nice to be able to sit and have conversation without having to multitask by feeding little ones, or taking care of messes, or talk above their squeals and chatter...don't get me wrong, I LOVE all of those things about our kids and wouldn't trade those responsibilities for anything in the world.  I just thoroughly enjoy sitting and visiting with my husband and spending time together.
After Jim and Terri left this morning we took down our Christmas tree and decorations, while the boys "helped". Actually we did it pretty quick and got our family room rearranged as well.   I'm feeling a little overrun by toys around here, so this week I'm going to try and get some older toys, that they don't play with as much, packed up and in storage. I can't believe that next month will be the half way point of our life here in South Dakota.  The first week in August we'll be moving again.  Not sure if I mentioned this in previous posts, but right after Thanksgiving we were able to secure a duplex in Kirksville starting next August.  It came online and looked pretty spacious, we had Levi's mom go view it, and we signed the lease that week.  God has been so good to us, in keeping our minds at ease through this whole journey.  I love the various ways that He always reminds us that He is in control.  
Ok, all for now!  One more thing...HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANDMA TERRI!!!  WE LOVE YOU!  (I'm sure you could feel the love as those three little faces were plastered against the front window this morning as you drove away)

2 comments:

Teresa said...

Yes, I saw the three little faces as we pulled out of the driveway. We stopped after we went around the corner to compose ourselves before getting on the highway (Grandparents do that, you know). It was a special time being with all of you and I will treasure the memory!
Love,
Grandma

Anonymous said...

Levi and Jenny, sounds like you had fun in K-ville. I am jealous. We had my dad and Bros here as my sisters and Mom are in Argentina. One day I called David and Deann's house to say hi to everyone and wish them Merry Christmas and Happy NEw Year but it was too late you had left for KC. I didn't get Christmas cards out much this year but I did get e-cards out some what. Love you guys, Jennifer