Saturday, August 9, 2008

Getting Settled

Kelly men
Papa Ballew and Marcus
Levi and the boys
Splashing around
Throwing rocks in the lake
Having fun
Kelly boys
Cole and Carson
The Kelly men and their tools
Finishing putting beds together
Little boys in big boy beds
Cole and Carson
Marcus in his new loft bed

Our first week in the new town has been a lot of fun for all of us. We've been busy unpacking and getting everything situated...which is taking longer than I thought, but we're getting it done. The boys have been on cloud nine to be here and see other people (besides Levi and I) on a daily basis.

Carson and Cole have adjusted to big boy beds just fine. We were a little worried that it would take a while to make them understand they have to stay in their beds, but usually it only takes a couple times, each night, of telling them to lay down or get back in bed. The first time they took a nap in their big boy beds I went in to check on them and they were both gone! It scared me to death. Then I noticed the closet door opening slowly and two little heads peaking out at me with the biggest smiles on their faces! It was kind of cute. Other times I have caught them going down the slide in their room...yeah, that's right...there is a slide in their room attached to Marcus' loft bed. That's almost like torture making 2 and 3 year olds stay in bed when their new room is so fun, huh? :) Anyway, it's going well, actually much better than I had thought.

My Mom and Dad left on Thursday, and it was sad to see them go, but at the same time it is nice to know we are much closer now. I'm sure we'll see them more often...at least that's what we're hoping for! We had a really fun week with them. On Thursday morning we took the boys to the lake to play for a while. They loved throwing rocks in the lake and splashing around.
One final thought...don't you just hate it when your own words come back to haunt you? The other day I was getting on to Marcus about something, or trying to get answers as to why one of the boys was upset. I asked Marcus a few times for some answers and he took a long sigh and said, "Mom, just don't worry about it!"...yep, he got that one from me. I found myself saying that a couple times a day when I've tried to answer "why" questions (from my 3 year old) for the millionth time. Although I secretly thought it was kind of funny, it made me really stop and think about what I say and/or how I say it.

No comments: