Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Fine Dining

Best little waiter in the world
The door man taking a nap today
Massage therapist Carson taking a snooze

Yesterday afternoon the boys were playing in their room and wanted me to come up and sit on the bed. Marcus told me he wanted to play restaurant and that I should sit there. He walked out of the room, with Cole opening and closing the door, and then back in with my "menu", which was a coloring book. Then he walked out of the room again, Cole opening and closing the door...about this time I realized that Cole was the door man. Carson didn't seem to have a role in the action until a little later. Marcus came back and asked if I was ready to order. I pointed at a picture of a chicken, told him I'd have the chicken nuggets. He didn't miss a beat, and asked me if I'd like fries with that. He also suggested chocolate milk and a sucker. I agreed that it sounded delicious and he went out of the room to place my order. On the way out he yelled back at me that it would be $90.91...and it would be 30 minutes... I figured this must be some fancy restaurant, nothing I'm accustomed to for sure... I laughed to myself thinking that these chicken nuggets would be the best I've ever tasted. While I waited a strange thing happened. Carson comes into the room, by way of the door man (Cole), bends down at my feet and starts rubbing my feet and legs. Then stands up and walks out. This happened about 4 times before my food finally came. Marcus brought me my food and told me to "enjoy". All in all it was a deliciously weird experience. (Massage + dinner = weird) The boys had a good time and seemed to be using imagination very well. Just for curiosity I ordered another meal at this same restaurant, and would you believe the price was $90.91 again...Somehow everything you order ends up being the same price. Must be a coincidence! :)


3 comments:

One Crowded House said...

That is so very very cute! Maybe they have a great idea for a new business! Dinner and a massage! wow!

Jennifer said...

Hey...I would do a massage before dinner any day! Maybe that was included in the price?! How fun!!

Jen M said...

Glad to see/hear everyone is doing better. Cade is fighting some bug around here -- praying the rest of us stay healthy and that he gets better soon.

Love you -- jen