Sunday, May 4, 2008

Clinicals, Parks, Kites, and Hikes...


Man down...
Cole
Carson The Kelly kids
The Hikers
Meghan helping Marcus
Carson and Papa walking through the woods
Sweet Ryan enjoying a swing
Anxious for the hike...not really, they don't know what a hike is...
Hanging out with Papa

Throwing leaves
Carson being goofy
Flying Kites in the yard
Cole giving Ryan the ride of his life I'm sure...

The twins with Papa Kelly
Marcus trying to fly a kite
Cole focused on the task at hand
Carson posing for me
Sweet Kaitlyn
Cute baby Ryan
Sweet Meghan
Marcus and the girls
Cole
Carson upside down with Aunt Deann
Carson
Ryan
Meghans birthday party
Party time
The twins just before a meltdown...story of our life these days! :)

We got back to South Dakota last night after a week of being in Kirksville for clinical rotations. Levi really enjoyed the week in surgery and was even able to run several cases from start to finish on his own (with supervision of course). I think he's really looking forward to getting this summer semester over with so that he can move on to clinical rotations full time starting in August. Summer semester starts tomorrow, I can't believe how fast time is going by.
While in Kirksville we stayed with Levi's parents and visited David, Deann, and family a lot. It was a great time for all the kids to get to play together and enjoy spending time together. We celebrated Meghan's 7th birthday while we were there, went to a couple parks, flew kites, and took all the kids on a hike a the lake. Levi and I also were able to view our duplex that we will be renting starting in August, AND meet our new neighbors who are really nice people and also have two little boys (one is a year older than Marcus and the other is a month older than the twins). They actually knew we were coming in town and had us over to meet them and visit, made us cookies, and really welcomed us. Their kindness was/is a real blessing to us. He is a med student and she stays home with their two boys...kind of neat that we are all sort of in the same situation. (in MANY ways) While we were there Cole fell down the stairs (a few steps...it's not conclusive if he was pushed or pulled down...but we know he didn't just fall), we were almost hit with a light sabor several times, and Cole was walking through their family room eating chips that he just helped himself to off of their kitchen table...It's nice to know how similar their household of boys is to ours, and that no one thought a thing about any of the chaos going on while we were trying to visit...I guess you could say this is just "normal" for us, and "normal" for them...and in a way, it was refreshing. It is funny how when Levi and I feel worn down by the kids and school as much as we think we can take, then start to think,"now who thought this whole grad school with three little boys would be a good thing" thought creeps into our minds...God shows us something that again reminds us that we are right where he wants us to be and that He is faithful to see us through and give us strength for each day. THAT in a nutshell is the biggest thing I got out of this week, renewed assurance that we are following God's plan for our lives. Where we are, and where we are going, He is there, and He is ALL over it.

Well, here are a LOT of pic's of our week...enjoy!

3 comments:

One Crowded House said...

AWWW it looks like you had lots and lots of fun! I am sure you guys will miss playing with those cousins!

Anonymous said...

HI Guy's its Aunt Becky. The pictures are great and it is wonderful to hear all is going so well for you. I can't believe it has been so long since I have seen you. Time sure goes buy before you know it. Grandma is okay, she is haning in there and so is Grandpa. I will share the pictures and your messages with them on Mother's Day. The boys are so big, give them a big hug and kiss for me. Sorry I haven't been in touch. I wish there were more hours in a day. I work 50 hours a week, then help Grandma, then have our twins and usually Emma every week for a day at least and most of the time two or three so....I am getting too old for this. Tyler is doing okay for now. His son is due July 22, and that is my 57th Birthday. Who knows if he will come that day. As long as he is heathly I am good with that. His name is Jordon Anthony Dahlstorm. Now I am really old when I am not only a Great Aunt but a Great Grandma. (NaNa) Emma, Rick's four year old is so excited. She say's "I am going to be Auntie Em" Everything is Jordon and I this, Jordon and I that. It is pretty funny. She doesn't understand, with the exception that there will be a baby and she wants to hold and feed him. I keep kidding Rick about being a Grandpa, so he gives it back with the Great Grandma. It is already hot here, today was 94 degrees. We are going to Chicago for Joe's 60th Birthday. His son is giving him a Birthday Party. We leave May 21st, through June 3rd. I hope and pray Grandma will be okay, if not I will fly right back. We have two nurses so it should be okay. One is quiting which is not good so we are hiring a new one. Just have to pray it works, and if it doesn't then I come home. I haven't been on vacation in over three years. Joe has gone fishing but since Grandma has been sick, I have stayed here.

I am glad you guys had a great time in Kirksville and I happy you guys will be back there soon. I will try and make a trip out for at least a few days. I still have a weeks of vacation days.

Thank you for sharing. Take care, I love and miss you all very much.

Aunt Becky

Anonymous said...

HI Kids' this is Great Grandma and Great Papa, Aunt Becky showed us your pictures and we really enjoyed seening the pictures and reading about how you are all doing. Can't wait to see you all again. We love and miss you all.

Great Grandma and Great Papa Gayan