Friday, March 7, 2008

Friends, Family, Keith Urban, & Cole's new look...

Wow, it's been awhile since I've posted!  The boys and I got back last night from KC.  We went there last weekend, Mom and I gave a baby shower for Alexis and Greg.  It was so much fun, and they really got a lot of nice things that they will need for baby Maven.  Alexis looks SO cute with her pregnant tummy, and it was so neat to see them so happy.  We also got to spend Saturday night with them over at their house which was also a treat!  Originally I was going to drive down on Saturday with the boys by myself, but as the time approached Levi didn't feel real comfortable with it so he drove down with us (following us) and stayed the weekend, then headed back to SD on Sunday.  It was nice to have him go with us and get a few more days together.   He had a very busy week of tests and research to do, so it was probably a better thing that the boys and I were gone, but I know it made the house feel very quiet and somewhat lonely.  
Monday and Tuesday I pretty much stayed around the house taking care of the boys, as the twins got sick again...this time just cold/fever stuff.  (thankfully not the stomach flu)  Tuesday night I met Amy and Jen out for dinner at Kobe, then got to go to Amy's and spend some time with her.  It was great, I haven't been able to do that stuff for a while and definitely needed the friend time.  Wednesday night Jen and I went to the Keith Urban and Carrie Underwood concert. (why I originally was going home)  The new Sprint Center was really nice and the music was great!  They both performed for a long time and put on a fun show. The whole night was AWESOME and we had such a good time.  It's so nice to go from being up here, where we don't know anyone, to then go home and enjoy friends and family...as much as we like Sioux Falls, it does get lonely here sometimes.  On Thursday I planned to leave, but had made appts for the twins to see Dr Powell before we left just to make sure there weren't any ear infections, etc.  (the way the boys behaved was kind of unusual this week, though I knew they didn't feel good I just wanted to make sure they weren't in pain)  My friend Tara R. was able to go with me and help out at the dr office.  And by "help out" I mean she was a pure blessing!  I bet her arms are as sore as mine are today from holding the boys and wrestling them around while we waiting on test results and getting through the exams.  During all of this we got a chance to visit and catch up...not exactly a relaxing visit, but you do what you can!  
The drive back yesterday was great... the one stop I made was somewhat amusing, but we got through it.  Cole cried the whole time we stopped for a break because he was scared of being in a bathroom stall.  Marcus was good and stayed with me like glue...literally.  With me carrying the twins and Marcus walking so close behind me I'm sure it was a funny scene.  I just had this huge fear that everyone would run in opposite directions and then there's only one of me to round them up!  Anyway, it all worked out fine an I'm going to chalk this one up to a victory!  (I realize my fears my seem strange to some, but please remember I am a Mom of 3, all at or under the age of 3...)
The best news of the week though is that I took Cole to the Ophthalmologist while we were home and he no longer has to wear his glasses!!!  His eye has straightened up with the corrective glasses and we are going to try 6 months without them and see how he does.  She said she can no longer even see the astigmatism that caused the problem in the first place!  We were hopeful that this would be the case, and thankful that the problem was found early to prevent permanent loss of vision.  Actually thank you Mom for noticing it early on and getting us in to the doctor!  
Ok, gotta go!  We're gearing up for a fun weekend here with Levi's brother David and his family visiting.  They should get here sometime this evening!!

No comments: