Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Update

Well the boys and I have been here helping to take care of Mom since last Friday. Her knee replacement was a week ago yesterday, and she seems to be doing pretty well. Night time seems to be the most uncomfortable for her, so she's not getting great sleep. During the day she needs to change positions or do something different every 30-45 minutes, so we are keeping busy. Between daily stuff, exercises, physical therapy, getting labs drawn, and dr. appts, our days are pretty full it seems. She is working hard and doing really great though. It's hard for me to see her in pain, but I know it will get better.
The boys have been SO good, and I'm very thankful. I assumed that they might start acting up some with Levi being gone, but so far so good. The weather here is beautiful and cool today! I think the boys and I will go for a long walk when Dad gets home from work.
Levi is doing well in Iowa. As of today he will have had 3 heads and 2 hearts. He has to have 5 of each case from start to finish on his own before he leaves there. He is planning to come back down this weekend so we can celebrate the twins birthday with them. We had thought of going to see him and going to the Omaha zoo, but plans have changed for various reasons, and it seems like it will be best to celebrate here. We can't wait to see him again!!
The boys are funny. I asked them what they wanted for their birthday, Carson told me he wanted cake and balloons... Cole wants candles... I guess they aren't too hard to please huh? :)

1 comment:

KJ said...

So cute! Glad to hear you all will be able to celebrate their birthday together! They are getting so big!