Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Fun times and updates








Our sweet friend Ginger had us over one day for lunch and playing. She had bought everything for the boys to make their own pizza's, which they thought was SO fun! I looked over at Carson's pizza and he had a huge mound of ham on his...I guess he is a meat lover. After lunch the boys played with the biggest set of lego's I've ever seen! Also Ginger's dog, Bryant, kept the boys entertained as well. He knows all sorts of commands and tricks, so the boys loved seeing all that he can do.
Levi left for Sioux City, IA on Sunday morning. The boys and I left for church right at the same time...not sure that was the best planning, as I could have used at least an hour or so to put myself back together. It was a teary goodbye, but I'm glad...it should be that way. (obviously we're NOT cut out to ever be a military family) :) We will see him the next couple of weekends so that will be nice. If you think of him please keep him in your prayers. He will be doing hearts and heads on this clinical rotation for the next month, as well as getting lots of schoolwork done, and hopefully finding time to study for boards. In the last couple of weeks he finished his thesis, and in September he will go to South Dakota to defend it. I talked to him last night and he said most of the morning was orientation, but was scheduled to do a craniotomy case yesterday, and said it was pretty cool.
Mom had her knee replacement surgery yesterday, and it seems everything went well. She had a spinal, so she was able to think straight afterward, and even called me a couple hours after the surgery. When I talked to her last night she had already been up walking several times and was still doing ok. The physical therapist said that today would be her worst day, as far as pain goes. Please keep her and her recovery in your prayers. The boys and I will head down later this week to help take care of her when she comes home from the hospital.
Have a great week! Levi, if you're reading this, the boys say, " Hi Daddy!!!" Marcus also wants me to say that they are being good for me. ;)

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Praying for you guys as you are apart from Levi. Hopefully the time will pass quickly for everyone & Levi will get a lot accomplished while he is there. I'm glad your Mom's surgery went well! If you have time to I would love to see you. The girls are gone to my Mom & Dad's until next weekend. This will be the longest they will have been away from us. Anyhoo, I hope we get to see each other while you are in KC but understand if we don't. You are there to help your Mom. Give the boys hugs from me. Love you!