Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Update and Prayer Request

It's been a while since I  last posted... so I thought I better get that done.  Cole finished his eye drops for pink eye and is fine now.  Marcus got it a few days after Cole and finishes his drops today.  Carson is (so far) in the clear.  Marcus and Cole were both really good about letting us put drops in their eyes 4 times a day, and even got to where they would remind us about them.  Cole would say "edicine bops momma" (medicine drops)... it was kind of cute.  
I took Marcus to the doctor on Monday morning for his followup flu mist...and would you believe he had to have 3 shots too?  I really do deserve "Worst Mommy in the world" label because I assured him there were no shots.  I don't know where my head has been lately, I've forgotten the simplest of things.  The worst thing is that I did this to him last year too!  I just felt awful.  I explained to him that Mommy would never lie to him or try to trick him, but that I really messed up.  He did fine and took it like a little man.  In fact there was more crying and screaming going on before the shots than during or after them...as we left he stopped at the door and looked up at the nurse with the most pitiful look on his face and sadly said, "thank you".  Poor guy.  She said, oh even in your pain you are trying to still be polite.  
Monday afternoon I finally went to the doctor...I've been sick for over 5 weeks, but always felt up and down from day to day.  On Thursday of last week I started getting new symptoms on top of what I had already been dealing with, so I made an appointment.  I'm so thankful that I went because I have a really bad sinus infection.  I left there with 2 prescriptions to take for 21 days and a sample.  I can say I feel 80% better just after 2 days of being on the meds.  AWESOME!  I am glad I have a doctor here now too, I really liked her and it's good to have a doctor established for Levi and I when we need it.  With all the sickness around our house we haven't been out of the house too much in the past couple weeks (except Levi going to the hospital).  It will be so nice to get out and see people again.
In other much more important news, we wanted to ask you to be praying for David and Deann (Levi's brother and our sister in law).  She is pregnant (almost 22 weeks now) and they've found a large cyst on/in the baby's chest.  You can read about it here as they explain it very clearly. Please join us in praying for their sweet baby girl as well as David and Deann.

1 comment:

One Crowded House said...

praying for them- that has got to be hard.

I am glad you went to the doctor!!!