Friday, November 21, 2008

Life Lessons


Yesterday the boys and I were out running errands and we stopped by the bank drive thru. In the past they have been given suckers, but with the wintery weather the windows were up (and they are tinted) so sometimes the boys are not seen in the car and don't get a sucker offered. I usually remind Marcus that it is not polite to ask and that when we go to the bank IF he is offered a sucker he should just consider that a gift, but that he is never to EXPECT it. Yesterday I kept quiet, just to see what he would do or say. When I was there the girl at the window started chatting with me about stuff and asked about our car and how we liked it. She was interested in how much room we had in the back, etc. I rolled down the window in the back so she could see all the way back in there, and she said, "and you have three little sweeties just staring back at me! Would they like suckers?" Obviously they did, they said their thankyou's (very loudly as usual) and after she and I finished our conversation we were on our way...on the way out of the parking lot Marcus said, "MOM, that was SO neat that we got candy and the brothers and I weren't even planning about it!" The way he puts things sometimes just makes me laugh and appreciate his sweet spirit even more. What a funny kid.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Aww...that is so sweet!! Your boys are so precious Jenny!! Enjoy them as the time goes by so fast. I was just telling Ryan the other day how I missed the times we had before the girls were in school. Life seemed so much less stressful & simpler then. Have a great week!