Friday, October 24, 2008

Keeping Busy

Marcus and Mommy after our date



Riding bikes in the garage

Wow, I think this is a record for me...almost two weeks without a post. Time is just getting away from me. Last weekend Levi had a state anesthesia conference in Osage Beach. While he is in school he is required to attend one state conference per year. This year I was able to go with him! Levi's Mom and Amanda were kind enough to take on the task of staying home with the boys, so that Levi and I could have a weekend away together. The older and more ornery the boys get the more times like these are so deeply appreciated, as it is definitely no small task. So thank you Terri and Amanda for caring for our children while we were gone. It was really a fun time, a relaxing time for me, and nice to remember what a date is! :) My parents were kind enough to send us to a nice restaurant one evening while we were away, which was so special too. It was so nice to just sit with my husband and visit over dinner...without multitasking the whole time. We had to laugh several times at the thought of how different it was compared to our usual dining out experiences with the boys. :) Aside from Levi attending the conference we were also able to get a little birthday shopping done for Marcus at the outlet mall, which was also tons of fun! On Sunday we were glad to get back to the little guys, and it was great to hear that they did so well while we were gone.

Tonight Marcus and I had a date night, just the two of us. It was so fun! His little friend Spencer goes to a private school here in town and they were having a carnival tonight. We were invited, so Marcus and I were able to go and enjoy that together while Daddy stayed home and played with the little guys. Marcus loved the bouncy house, the blow up slide, fishing for prizes, a duck game, and a real train ride! It was a lot of fun. They also had a strength show where guys were bending huge nails, horse shoes, ripping phone books, and breaking cement blocks. Marcus thought that was so cool, and he even was given one of the bent nails to take home. I loved getting that one on one time with him, he's really growing up quickly. I can't believe our baby will be 4 years old next week!

No comments: