Thursday, October 9, 2008

Homecoming and family fun

Marcus and Papa waiting for the parade to start
Greg, Mavin, Grandma Ballew and Carson

Marcus, Cole, Ryan, and Carson



Greg, Alexis, and Mavin
Sweet family
Greg and his "mini-me"
Sweet baby Mavin
Kaitlyn, Meghan, and Marcus ready for candy
Cole and Papa Ballew
Our friends Jim and Nora
Carson and Papa
Deann and Ryan enjoying the parade

This past weekend my whole family was able to come up and visit us.  It was a great time, and happened to be Homecoming for Truman State.  (where I went to college) It's hard to believe this is my 10 year reunion from college...wow time flies...

We all enjoyed the Homecoming parade and fun together at the park afterward.  It was a nice relaxing Saturday afternoon, then we had a cookout and watched MU pound Nebraska.  We loved being able to spend time with my whole family, and getting to love on baby Mavin was extra special too!  He's such a sweet, smiley, and easy going baby.  I was teasing Greg that when he's wearing him in his baby carrier Mavin looks like Greg's mini-me.  Actually I can see a lot of his Mommy and Daddy in him, but when Mavin gives a big grin he especially looks like my Dad.

It's been great weather here and the boys and I have been getting out and walking (well I walk and push the twins in their double stroller, while Marcus rides his bike) on the trail around the schools.  It's a great path and I've had some really funny conversations with Marcus each time. It's funny to see/hear how his brain works sometimes.  He's a pretty funny little guy and keeps me laughing most of the day!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Great pictures Jenny! Sounds like you had a great weekend with your family. GO MU!!!! :)

marykate00 said...

It looks like you guys are all doing wonderfully! I randomly check your page to see how things are going and seeing this post about homecoming at Truman made me realize how much time has gone by and that you are back in Kirksville! Levi... I am finishing up my second semester at Truman and am very excited to get to the clinical portion--it seems like you have a little bit more time for a life :) It has been way way to long but maybe I'll make it up that way one of these days...