Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Get that out of your mouth young man!

So, we took the boys to the zoo yesterday...  It was a really nice day out and they  (we) really needed to get out of the house! We kind of had a "weekend of discipline" shall we say...  I think we all needed a break and needed to get out and enjoy the nice weather while we had it.  It was fun watching the twins enjoy the animals.  Last summer when we would go they would just sit in their stroller and not really care where we were or what was going on.  Now that they are older they are recognizing some of the animals and like to look at them, and occasionally get out of their stroller and run around.  Marcus was VERY excited to go to the kids petting zoo and feed the horses and goats.   Levi got some food out of the machine and gave some to each boy.  Marcus did fine, and Carson laughed and giggled the whole time.  Cole however, was getting ready to feed a goat then decided "why should I give him this food when I can eat it myself?"  YUCK!!!!  That's right, he pushed that goats face to the side and popped it in his own mouth!  I was mortified!  Levi did a quick finger sweep to get it out and laughed uncontrollably about it.  It wasn't long after that ordeal that we decided if Cole was hungry enough to eat goat food we better get them all home and feed them dinner.  Around the house right now, he's known as "goat boy".
It's kind of funny.  I have always noticed when we are out in public that people will say things like "oh look at those twins" or  actually come up to us and ask us questions about them.  Well lately since the twins have grown quite a bit taller I have had people ask if they are triplets (seeing them with Marcus)!!  Or, they will come up and ask, "now how much age difference is there between the boys?"  I think it's hilarious, and when they were all running around through the zoo yesterday with their hoodies on (not the same hoodies but still hoodies) I had to agree, they did look like triplets.
It was a fun afternoon, and we pretty much had the zoo to ourselves which was kind of neat too!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah Mom...a little goat food never hurt anybody! :) I was caught eating catfood when I was little. Hmmm...maybe that is what is wrong with me?!? Sounded like a fun day at the zoo, especially since there weren't many people. Love, Jen C.

Peter L said...

Ah, yes, being mistaken for triplets. My brothers and I are sometimes thought to be triplets, and there are 6 years between us!
Uncle Peter