Friday, July 27, 2007

One week left before the move

Ok, now we really need to start packing... :) We have most of the last minute doctor's appointments out of the way, everyone has haircuts, all the utilities are notified, moving truck is confirmed...this is just a small amount of details amongst a very large list of details that are done. I know there will be a million other things that come up in the next week, but all in all we feel pretty prepared. I was starting to feel nervous about everything yesterday so I called our landlady to make sure the duplex is all clean and ready to go for us on Friday... I am SO glad I called because I had such a peace about everything after talking to her. That poor lady talked to me for an hour and a half, telling me about the neighborhood, other anesthesia students and their families that are moving in this week, how everyone is so nice and friendly, how there are several other little kids in our culdesac (all under the age of 3), how it's hotter than the blazes there right now...ALL that to say, you name it, we talked about it! She set my mind at ease for sure, and every step of the way we continue to feel God confirming and reconfirming the path we are on.

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

We enjoyed our time with your last night! If there is anything we can do to help you pack, etc. please let us know. We know this is an exciting time for your family and we can't wait until you are back in KV,MO!! We love you! The Couch's

Teresa said...

I am SO glad you thought of having this blog! It's going to be great being able to access this, even though I'm sure we'll be in touch on a regular basis. I'm thankful also for the thoughtful landlady who spent time making you feel welcome. That was certainly a blessing from the Lord!
Love and kisses,
Grandma Kelly

Peter L said...

Hi Levi and Jenny! It will be good to have this to keep up with your lives. Perhaps when you are back in KV we can see more of you. (Not that we get over there often!)
Uncle Peter

Jen M said...

I have such mixed emotions about all of this moving stuff -- but when I am not being selfish, I am so exctied for you guys and what God has in store! I love you so much -- Jen

Unknown said...

Godspeed on this wonderful new journey! I can't wait to check every week to see what's new in the Kelly household. Enjoy your time- because these are "the good old days"!! Big hugs for all.

love,
Cathy

Jo said...

So good to read what's going on in your lives right now and see the pics of your precious kiddos. Wish we lived closer and I could bring some meals to put in your freezer for when you get to SD. We miss you guys and will be praying for you all in this next big phase in life.
Love to all of you~ Jo

Anonymous said...

This is a test.